One day, I was at the candy store and the man at the counter said to me, “ In every candy bar you buy there is a fortune inside!” So I decided I would buy a big twix bar. When I chose which one I wanted, I ran as fast as my legs could run to my house. Once I got there, I unwrapped the twix bar and opened up my fortune. It said I got to grant one wish. I thought for a while what marvellous thing I could wish for. Then I got!
The next day at school, I was sitting in my chair when I went to grab my pencil. Once I got a hold of it I turned red, the next thing I knew my pencil was licuorish. Then I remembered what I had wished for. In a few minutes the whole world would be licuorice. When the bell rang I rushed outside and looked around, everything was licuorice.
I ran over to the basketball hoops and started chewing on the hoop. Then my friend ran over looking a little confused.
“Isn't this great!” I explained
“Ya… School is great” she said
“Why aren't you eating everything?!?” I said excitedly
“Ahh… because theres germs, and… and why would I do that?” she asked
“BECAUSE ITS TASTY!” I squealed
“Ok lets go play!” she said leaving the fact that I was chewing a licuorish basketball hoop.
When the bell rang, we went inside and started writing. Our teacher said to go onto our chromebooks and type a non fiction, real life story about yourself. So I decided write about the awesome licuorice world we live in.
The next day, at school my teacher printed out all of our stories to read to the class. I was so excited to read my story to everyone. Once I read it to everyone they looked a little confused. Then there was an awkward silence until my teacher started to scream at me because she said she wanted the story something in real life.
I didn't get that because it was all real. But I couldn't say anything because she wouldn't let me explain. She just sent me to my seat.
At recess all the kids were asking me why I wrote my story. I tried to tell them that the world was made out of licuorice, but they just teased me. Then, I understood. I was the only one who could see the licuorice. Everyone else couldn't.
When school was over I ran to the candy shop. I told the man at the counter what happened and he said the only way to undo it was to buy another candy bar and grant a different wish. I sighed then said,
“ Deal grab me a twix please.”
I ran home and granted that the world was not made out of candy. When I went to bed I hoped that my wish would come true. But when I woke up the world was still made out of licuorice. Even when I got to school the world was still made out of licuorice. But then in the middle of math my pencil started to shake and a real pencil eraser popped out of the top of my pencil. Then it spread down my pencil and all around the room. I was so relieved that the world is back to normal. If the world was made out of licuorice, I would want everyone else to see it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment