Something great happened on February 7, 2014, and it all started in Sacramento at a cheer competition. I was so nervous it felt like there were butterflies in my stomach.
So we did our chant and went on stage. All I could hear were the parents cheering.
First, we did our partner stunts. They were solid as a rock. Flyers hit positions tight and clean, all on count.
Then we went to motions. We all went at the same time. “TIGHT AND CLEAN!” Hailey yelled, and it was.
Now, the elite stun, flyers were smiling, bases were strong, and backspots were lifting. It was perfect.My ears started to hurt, the coaches were so loud were screaming so loud I’m surprised they could talk the next day.
Next, jumps and tumbling, one of my favorites. My jumps were perfect,”You almost kicked yourself in the head!” my mom said after the comp. The tumbling was also on count.
Finally, the pyramid and dance. The pyramid was a little off count, but it hit and that’s all that matters. After the pyramid I wasn’t nervous at all. Everyone did the motions, on count, and went to the right spot. At the award ceremony we were called for first place, I was so excited I wanted to cry.
Now I know what it feels like to get first, it feels great. I hope it happens at my next competition.
No comments:
Post a Comment