Thursday, January 29, 2015

My First Day at a New School by # 12

I was getting dressed, brushing my teeth doing what every kid does when you are getting ready for school. But I noticed I didn’t have my shoes on so, I went back to my room, got my new shoes on and rushed out the door.
Then, my dad said “you forgot your backpack!’’
I said “ok I’ll go get it!’’ So, I rushed into the house, got my backpack, ran outside, and jumped in the car.
While we were in the car my stepmom asked
“are you ready to start your new school?’’
I kindly said “sure.’’
As we drove up to school my stomach started not to feel so well, I felt like I was going to throw up. I was not ready for a new school and new friends. Once my dad let us out of the car, I saw a lot of kids! I started to look at all the fifth graders.
When my dad said goodbye I knew that meant my sisters and I were on our own now. As the principal called everyone to go to class I wondered if I would make any friends?
As I walked up to my new teacher I was nervous, but as I walked up she smiled, we shook hands and, she gave me a card that said Charla B3. I started not to be to nervous with the teacher, she was actually quite generous and friendly. When I got to see who was in my group, I was in group B.
Position 1 was Alex  he was very welcoming.
In position 2 was Kailey she was nice but, she also seemed a little shy.
In position 3 was me  
and position 4 was Trey. I started not to feel so scared but, I was still wondering if I would make any friends?
After a couple hours of school we had lunch I sat all alone than, Kailey asked me if I wanted to sit next to her.
After lunch we got to see what we were learning and doing in fifth grade.
Then, it was recess, I was all alone and had nobody to hang out with but, I saw Kailey so I came up to her and asked “do you want to be my friend?” and Kailey said   “yes.”

I was glad I was able to make a new friend, and I could not wait to make more .I was not scared anymore. I was happy to start a new school and a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment