It all started on the day of November 11, 2013. When we got on the bus I sat next to Annabella. I sat on the window side. Halfway through the bus ride, we stopped at a rest stop. It was right next to Six Flags. We had our snack and took a picture of all the crews.
About two hours later we were on the Bay Bridge, and it was so cool. We saw San Francisco and Alcatraz. I did not really see it because Mrs.McClure was french braiding my hair. She did this to all the girls, and I was the last one.
When we got to San Francisco we had our lunch under the Ghirardelli sign it was so cool. After we had our lunch we got our stuff out of the bus and waited and waited, until Mrs.McClure said to go on the pier. When she finally said to go onto the pier we didn’t hold back because we were so excited.
After we got on the pier we used the head (bathroom).Then we put our stuff down and the second mate of the Balclutha (M.Smith), called the mates over. The mates had to do funny stuff like act like a chicken or chirp like a bird and bark like a seal.
We were walking onto the ship went to the bow of the Balclutha with Mr.Swift. Mr.Swift said ‘’Does anyone want some water?’’ I said yes, so he came over with a bucket with water in it and poured it into my mouth. After that the the First mate (Mr.Janks, who was really a girl) came out and talked to us about the ship and our rules we have to follow while aboard the ship. The Captain took us to our room full of bunk beds. They were just wood and they were so hard.
Then my crew had to raise the flag. After that my crew had work to do. We carried a big big rope but the hard thing was that you can not drag it .Then Jayden kept on stepping over the rope and you were not allowed to do that. So he had to walk around the big rope three times. Then he did it again, and the whole crew had to do it. At about 5:30 we were finished with the rope. Then we had our dinner, which was good.
After that we had to swab the deck; that was fun. Now it was time for dog watch. That is when we got our letters. I did not read the whole letter that my mom gave me because it was so long. Then we went to sleep. The Stevedore crew was first at night watch.
At around 5:00 am I was barely awake. We got ready and had our breakfast.
Then we left the boat and waited for the bus. When we were leaving San Francisco, we went on the Golden Gate Bridge. Then I thought to myself now I know how it feels to be a sailor. About halfway through the ride we stopped for lunch. Then finished our ride home.
No comments:
Post a Comment