Friday, November 7, 2014

Age of Sail by #14

On October 7th, my classmates and I went to San Francisco to learn and see what it was like in 1906.

Meeting The Crew on The Balclutha
First, we met Mr.Perry, the second mate. She was very generous, but, she was also very clumsy. She made my crew and me swab the deck. She also took us out to the longboat and let us row out to sea.  Then, we met the first mate, Mr.Van Ness.he was the person who gave almost all the orders, but she was still very respectful.  Salami, the cook, s very clumsy but great.  Captain  a very thoughtful man. You would think he would yell, but he did not. He was a very unique Captain.
My Favorite Part
My favorite part was night watch. My crew and I saw a lot of raccoons going on and off the boat next to us. It felt like my crew and I were in charge of the ship. We also got to see the blood moon.

What We Did On Age Of Sail
We did A LOT of work. For example  swabbing the deck, cleaning the Captain’s table, and raising and lowering  the ensign. Also, my classmates and I  got to pull Mrs.McClure up in the Bosun’s chair.
In The End
I was glad to go on Age Of Sail. I can not wait for all my sisters to go on Age Of Sail and experience what I did.       

No comments:

Post a Comment