A voice came out of no where and said, “SAN FRANCISCO IS ON FIRE! I need a crew. Can you help me find one?”
My class shouted, “Right here!”
“You're not a crew!” laughed the mysterious voice.
“Yes we are,” we replied.
Then Mr. Perry, the mysterious voice, said, “Fine...but are you sure you're a crew?”
We all said, “Yes!”
Mr.Perry said, “Sailors say aye.”
There was a sudden pause, then “Aye, aye, Mr. Perry!”
She swung around and said, “Maybe you could be sailors.” We were about to board the Balclutha!
So, I walked up the gangway to get on . Mr.Perry went and got Mr.Van Ness, the first mate. We practiced saying, “Aye, aye sir!” And then after a while she said “I think you're ready to meet the Captain.” My heart spun as though it was on a rollercoaster. Although the captain was nice gave commands he was kind and generous even though he may look fearsome on the outside he is kind on the inside. the long boat was trippy it was fun. Age Of Sail was the best field trip ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment