“Audrey! Jack and dad are the only ones home with you, okay?” my mom told me.
“Okay,” I replied back. My mom left with my three other siblings and went to the store. She left me with my brother Jack and my dad. My dad laid in the in bed while Jack and I sat in the living room.
Boom! I jumped on to the couch. The noises from the TV went through one ear and out the other, as I stared at the ceiling and thought. My dad is sick with the flu, and I think it would be nice if I brought him some things.
To make sure I didn’t get sick, I put on a gas mask (or you could call it a toy army helmet) as I walked into the room. My feet softly touched the ground. I did not want to wake my dad if he was asleep. The door creaked when it opened and the sun sliced through the windows. When I got into a place where my dad could see me, he laughed because I had the helmet on. I left the room and took off the helmet.
When I went back into the room I did not have the mask on, so my dad did not laugh. I gave him what he wanted, which was a glass of water. There was a lot of water in that glass. It was so full, I spilled half of the water on the floor.
This was a good day because my brother was being quiet and not making noises. Boy was that rare! My brother and I went outside and played for awhile. We climbed trees, kicked a ball, played tag, and played with jump ropes before we went back inside .
My dad got better and he said, “Thanks Audrey,“ and he was not sick anymore. I learned that helping others makes you feel good because you’ve done something nice for someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment