Friday, March 14, 2014

My Taekwondo Competition by #2

It was the night before my Taekwondo competition, and I was very nervous. I was in my hotel room practicing, and I made some mistakes. I  was worried I was going to make the same mistakes at the competition. I tried to point out the biggest things to work on. I decided to work on my sidekicks first because they were too low. They should’ve been at my face height but they were at my chest height.  After a while I decided to move on. The other things I needed to work on were just my balance and making sure I looked straight the whole time. That wasn’t hard to change so I practiced that for awhile. When I was done practicing I decided to go to bed.
The next day when I woke up I was still nervous about the competition. I got out of bed and got ready to go. Then my mom took me to the lobby where they gave the competitors breakfast.
When we were done, my mom drove me to the competition and helped me sign in. After I signed in, I spent the next three hours waiting for my turn to compete. In that three hours I practiced my forms, played with my friends, and watched other people compete. I was bored while waiting, but it was worth it to compete.
After  waiting a long time, they finally called my division to the grouping area. As they grouped us, I got even more nervous than I was before! My mom followed as they led us into the ring. I sat down directly outside the mat waiting for them to call my name. I waited through all the other people’s forms,it was finally my turn to do mine. They called my name. I stood up and went into the ring. After they told me to bow and get ready, they told me to start my form. As I did my form I made sure I did everything right. I didn’t make any mistakes! When I was done, I felt that I did good.
When I was done they showed my scores. I got good scores from all the judges! When I went back to sit down they called who won first, second, and third. As they were calling, I realized that the girl that went before me and I were tied for first place. We had to do a tiebreaker. When we did the tiebreaker I didn’t make any mistakes and got one point higher than the other girl!  I was so happy that I won!
The judge gave me a paper and told me to walk over to the podium where they gave us our medals. They told the people that placed to stand on the podium. It was really fun. They gave me my medal and I went back to my mom. The competition was over.

I was really happy I won first place! I also found out that everyone else in my Taekwondo school also won first place in their divisions. I had a lot of fun. I felt really great and learned that hard work pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment