Friday, March 14, 2014

Lunch for Raven by #19

Raven was a girl at Indian Creek in third grade. When I moved she was one of the first people that wanted to be my friend. She was very nice. I was in third grade too, and I was friends with her. We liked to do the monkey bars together. Raven had blonde hair and usually wore it in a braid. She told me her family did not have a lot of money and she always got hot lunch because her parents were working a lot.

On the second to last day of school Raven asked, “Can you make lunch for me tomorrow?” I answered with,”Yes.” We were on the playground and she was so excited. She had never brought a lunch to school before.

On the last day of school, I got up early to make Raven lunch. I made her a sandwich and I put in a fruit roll-up. I also put in some other stuff. I was excited to help her.

When I got to school, I gave her the lunch. It was fun helping her. I wanted to have that great feeling again, so I decided I would help other people too.

We went outside for lunch and Raven sat in the shade against the wall. I sat with my  friend Anna at one of the nearby tables. I remember looking over, her smile gleaming at me. Her eyes were bright with happiness.

Later, we were out on the playground with ice-cream sandwiches that our teacher gave us. Raven walked over to me, and gave me her phone number. I still have it to this day.

She said, “Bye!” to me after school. I was very happy I gave her lunch that day. I think if people took the time to know her, they would like her too. I learned that you have to get to know people before you judge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment