Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Learning a Lesson by # 18

One day in second grade while I was at school we were doing an art project. The art project was drawing a chandelier. While I was doing the art project I was so focused I didn't hear anything around me. Later I learned why I should at least look up once in a while.
While I was working, the teacher was saying something, but since I was so focused I didn’t hear her!  When she was talking, she saw that I wasn't paying attention. She had me move my name.  Without thinking first I asked, “But why?” Then the teacher told me to move it twice! So I did. I felt like I just lost something important.
For the rest of that day I just couldn't think of why I had to move my name. Seriously, I was just thinking and thinking about why I had to move my name. I just couldn't make it out. Eventually I had the idea to ask her in the morning (I don’t know why it took me so long to realize that but it just did).
The next morning I asked why I had to move my name. “Excuse me, but I’m wondering why I had to move my name yesterday,” I asked.
“Well you weren't paying attention while I was talking,” she said.
“Oh, sorry I should've been paying attention and I also should've thought before asking why,” I mumbled in a sad voice.
“Well since you stood up I’ll let you move your name back!” she said.
I felt so happy. I also felt like I just learned a lesson! For the rest of the school year I always thought before acting or talking or anything. Oh I almost forgot, the lesson I learned was always think before acting, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment