What time was it, my mouth was dry, and I was sweating! I must have had a bad dream.
Then I got up to get a drink and saw my brother getting a drink of water too. Next thing I knew I was asleep on the couch. It only felt like minutes, but it was hours. I was wearing my gymnastics outfit and everyone else in the family was wearing an All Star shirt. It was time to go to the competition.
As we went down the road we saw lots and lots of trees. As the road grew longer, my eyes grew heavier, and soon enough I fell asleep. My grandpa woke me when we were in Pleasanton, California . We checked my grandpa’s phone, and the phone said the hotel was on the other side of the bridge . What I found in the hotel made me smile. We found my team. “Good night,” I said. It was hard to fall asleep because I was not used to sleeping in a hotel. When I woke up it was time to go. I got enough sleep for the big day.
During the competition I did well on the bars. I got a 9.225, and on the floor I got
a 9.100. On the beam I did the most beautiful leap I had done that year! I got a 9.132. The vault
and beam are my favorite events, the other two are just ok. When it was my turn on the vault, I ran through my checklist: run, jump, spring, and land on my back. Done with the first one! Here I go, my second vault. Perfect! My score is 9.300.”YES!” I said
Next thing I know is the whole team is going to the award room. I got on the podium for all areas: beam (3rd), bars (3rd), vault (2nd) and floor (2nd). I got nines on everything! My grandpa gave me a thumbs up. I was having fun.
A parent from the beach blast gym announced that all the gymnasts should drum roll for the first place winner. As I am drum rolling I think Makayla is going to be the first place winner, but instead of hearing Makayla’s name I hear my name. “YES!” I said again. This is my first trophy! Everyone in the award room is cheering for me, not Makayla, but me! As soon as I am up on the podium, I hear Makayla for the 3rd and then the rest of my team is on the podium soon after me.
Now it is team award time, We hear the 3rd place winners and the 2nd. Before the first place one we had to drum roll again, and the guy announced the all star team. My team is screaming on their way to the podium.
I learned something very important that day. You should never doubt yourself because nobody can tell you you can’t do anything except yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment