Friday, March 14, 2014

Personal Narrative by #23

One warm sunny day, at a pool in Santa Cruz, I was swimming gracefully in the water when I thought about doing a cannonball. I asked my mom if I could. My mom warned me about the pool, ”Don’t sink too deep because the pool is only 5ft deep,” but I didn’t listen to her and zoomed to the deep end.

I jumped and clutched my legs so tightly I think I was cutting off the circulation. But while I was in the air, I didn’t realize I was spinning. I hit the water so hard that the splash was as big as if a real cannon ball had hit it. I was holding my breath for as long as I could, but as I was sinking deeper and deeper, I didn’t notice I was spinning towards the bottom.

POW! I hit the bottom of the pool with my face. It felt as if somebody  punched my jaw. I thought I accidentally swallowed some water because my mouth tasted funky; sort of like very hairy dirt. YUCK! My mouth also felt SUPER weird, so I went to see my mom.

She looked inside my mouth and told me my tooth was chipped. I WAS REELING WITH PAIN. Just kidding there was no pain, but it did hurt a bit then it faded away a little. My mom told me, ”Well I’m sorry that happened,” and “There’s nothing I can do about it,” I was sad, but I learned my lesson.

So, thats my story. After what happened that day I am very careful in pools. Hopefully you will learn from me and won’t have to experience what I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment