Friday, March 14, 2014

When I Had My First Surgery by #29

I was going to take medicine that was going to make me loopy, talk about weird things, and fall asleep.I was at the hospital and I was scared. I was going to have surgery on my kidney. My parents and sisters were saying “Be strong, it will be over before you know it!”
I had intermittent pain which means I had pain on and off in my right side. So, when I was waiting for my surgery, doctors were coming in and out of my room. One doctor came in and gave me an I.V in my hand! It hurt like a bee sting.
A doctor came in to give me medicine so I would sleep longer. Three doctors came in and wheeled me into the room where I was  going to have surgery. When I got into the room it sounded like a entire city was talking, but was only four people. They had me move onto another bed that felt as hard as a rock. They showed me the robot that was going to do surgery on me.

After, they put an air mask on me and shot some medicine through it. The medicine smelled  and tasted really gross. It made me feel tired. The doctor said to take big breaths to get the medicine in my body. Everything became loud and everything looked blurry. I blinked a couple of times. I fell asleep.

When I woke up I looked at the clock. A couple of hours went by while I was in surgery. It felt like a day went  by. My eyes were really blurry. The nurse was in the room and she wiped my eyes so they weren’t as blurry. After that, I took a nap.

I spent the night at the hospital for two or three nights, I can’t remember. When I got home, my dogs were trying to jump up on me, but my parents were stopping them. Right after I sat down, Taleeya knocked on the door. She brought in a bag of fudge, flowers, and two types of pickles! My favorite!

My first night at my house was kind of rough. I kept on tossing and turning through the night and I could not go to sleep.  The next day, my grandparents came over to dinner. My best friend Ella made dinner with her mom and brought dinner over. It was so nice of them! My side felt so much better! The best thing is my family and friends were by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment